Meet Me on Milledge
Attorney J. Ross Massey is an award-winning litigation attorney who fights for clients injured in automobile, trucking and business premises accidents. For almost a decade, Mr. Massey has fought for victims’ rights throughout the states of Alabama and Georgia.
While some attorneys encourage clients to settle their cases outside of court, Mr. Massey has a passion for jury trials. Not only did he attend Cumberland School of Law, which is nationally-ranked in trial advocacy, but he was also named a Scholar of Merit for Advanced Trial Advocacy while in school and coached several of the school’s national trial teams post-graduation. He was even awarded the prestigious, statewide “Excellence in Trial Advocacy Merit Award” for his very first jury trial as lead counsel.
As a litigation attorney, his passion for being in the courtroom serves clients well. He knows not to settle for less than what a jury would reasonably reward a client, and he’s not afraid to fight for what he knows is right.
In 2017, Ross moved to Georgia where he opened his law firm, Massey Law Group, and assumed the role of Managing Attorney for Alexander Shunnarah’s Georgia operations. Ross and his family reside in Athens and enjoy being part of the local community.
University of Georgia
Bachelor of Business Administration, Risk Management and Insurance, 2006
Samford University, Cumberland School of Law
Juris Doctor, Scholar of Merit for Advanced Trial Advocacy, 2011
- Georgia Bar Association
- Western Circuit Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Association of Justice, Emerging Leaders
- Alabama Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Cumberland School of Law’s National Trial Team Coach of Trial Advocacy
Awards & Recognition
- 2021 Top 40 Under 40, Civil Plainiff, National Trial Lawyers
- 2021 Mid-South Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2020 Top 100 Civil Plaintiffs, National Trial Lawyers
- 2018 Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers Alabama Division
- Alabama Association of Justice Emerging Leaders 2015-2017
- 2013 Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Alabama Division
- Trial Advocacy Coach for Cumberland School of Law’s National Trial Team 2013-2017
- 2012 Excellence in Trial Advocacy Merit Award, Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association