Meet Me on Milledge
Attorney J. Ross Massey is an award-winning litigation attorney who fights for clients injured in automobile, trucking and business premises accidents. For more than a decade, Mr. Massey has fought for victims’ rights throughout the states of Alabama and Georgia.
Not every case needs to go to trial, but every case needs a trial lawyer, whose litigation experience proves to the insurance company that they’ll have to pay injured clients full amount now or face losing at trial later.
While some attorneys encourage clients to settle their cases prematurely, Mr. Massey has a passion for litigating cases to ensure full value is paid by the insurance company. Not only did he attend Cumberland School of Law, which is nationally-ranked in trial advocacy, but he was also named a Scholar of Merit for Advanced Trial Advocacy while in school and coached several of the school’s national trial teams post-graduation. He was even awarded the prestigious, statewide “Excellence in Trial Advocacy Merit Award” by the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association for his very first jury trial as lead counsel.
As a litigation attorney, his passion for being in the courtroom serves clients well. He knows not to settle for less than what a jury would reasonably award a client, and he’s not afraid to fight for what he knows is right.
In 2019, Ross opened Massey Law Group in his hometown of Athens, GA. He and his family reside in Athens and enjoy being part of the local community in Athens and Birmingham, where Ross continues to practice law.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Risk Management and Insurance, 2006
Juris Doctor, Scholar of Merit for Advanced Trial Advocacy, 2011
- Georgia Bar Association
- Western Circuit Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Association of Justice, Emerging Leaders
- Alabama Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Cumberland School of Law’s National Trial Team Coach of Trial Advocacy
Awards & Recognition
- 2021 Top 40 Under 40, Civil Plainiff, National Trial Lawyers
- 2021 Mid-South Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2020 Top 100 Civil Plaintiffs, National Trial Lawyers
- 2018 Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers Alabama Division
- Alabama Association of Justice Emerging Leaders 2015-2017
- 2013 Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Alabama Division
- Trial Advocacy Coach for Cumberland School of Law’s National Trial Team 2013-2017
- 2012 Excellence in Trial Advocacy Merit Award, Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association